Friday, September 9, 2011

You can't put out a fire by peeing on it

An Omaha  guy lights his ex-girlfriend's house on fire using gasoline and says, and I quote: "As soon as I saw it....I tried to pee on it at first because I didn't know what to do." I thought it was important to 'double quote' this for reasons that may be obvious. This is really dumb and I do not want to misquote this human specimen.
First, if you're pissed (pun intended) at your ex-girlfriend don't go to her house carrying a gas can. Second, if you are so effed up that you choose to set her door on fire, you can't put out that fire by peeing on it. Third, get an attorney and don't talk to the news.
Maybe this story is indicative of our society today. I guess when people are angry they feel they are justified to respond however they want. Without thinking about the consequences for not only the person they are retaliating against, but also the consequences to them. Peeing on a fire is similar to saying sorry when you've purposely done harm. It does nothing to solve the problem and makes you look dumb for trying. Last, has the world learned NOTHING from Law & Order? Come on. Lawyer up and shut your mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment